Intensive Individual Support Services (IISS)
IISS, or Intensive Individual Support Services, are intensive one-on-one interventions provided in the home and community of the student.
IISS utilizes the principles of behavior management through structured support, reinforcement, and modeling techniques. The services are intended to achieve the follow objectives.
- Promote development and social skills growth
- Provide the child with behavior management skills
- Give a sense of security and safety to the child
- Assist with maintaining self-sufficiency and impulse control
- Improve the child’s positive self-expression and interpersonal communication
- Improve the child’s ability to function and cooperate in the home and community
- Reverse negative behaviors and attitudes
- Foster stabilization